- 2019-06-26 On 26 June at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-06-26 On 26 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-06-26 On 26 June at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of the United Arab Emirates
- 2019-06-27 On 27 June at 10.00 a.m., the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participates in political consultations with the delegation of Malta
- 2019-06-28 On 28 June at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Members of the European Parliament
Lithuania’s Ambassador presents his letters of credence to the President of Bangladesh
On 10 April, the Ambassador of Lithuania Julius Pranevičius presented his letters of credence to the President of Bangladesh Abdul Hamid.
Following the ceremony at the Presidential Palace, the Ambassador expressed gladness about the input of Lithuanian companies into Bangladesh's cybersecurity and discussed different ways Lithuania could contribute more to the digitization of Bangladesh.
During the visit, the Ambassador also met with the Minister of Commerce of Bangladesh, discussed the growth of trade between the countries and called for tapping more into Lithuania's business potential.
When presenting Lithuania's potential in the fields of Fintech and logistics, the Lithuanian Ambassador suggested that the textile sector of Bangladesh should make use of it. In the meeting, the Secretary of the Ministry of Agriculture of Bangladesh noted that Lithuania could offer many products that Bangladesh needed from grains and fertilizers to agricultural machinery, so the Ambassador invited a delegation of Bangladesh to visit Lithuania.
J. Pranevičius resides in Delhi, the capital of India. He was appointed as a representative of Lithuania in Bangladesh on 12 March 2019. He is the third Lithuanian Ambassador accredited to this country.